Friday, August 11, 2017

Healthy Breakfast/Lunch



Hello!  Just popped in so I could share a wonderful breakfast I had this morning!  I had the morning off from work so I ran, watered flowers, pulled weeds, and by the time I finished all of that- I was hungry!  I opened up my favorite new cookbook, SkinnyTaste Fast and Slow, and discovered that Gina has wonderful suggestions for healthy and quick breakfast items.  I decided on the egg and avocado toast :)

I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into this sandwich.  The avocado was a perfect ripeness and the egg turned out superb- a little runny yet hard in the middle. Salt and pepper and I was ready. 





Yummy! I can't tell you how much I have been drawn to Gina's cookbook and her blog, http://www.skinnytaste.com.  Her book can be found at your local public library or you can order your own copy at Amazon- here is the link  SkinnyTaste Fast and Slow Cookbook



Alpine Valley Breads Organic Multi Grain with Omega-3 BreadDave has a wonderful bread he gets from Costco, it's called Alpine Valley Organic. Since everything is bigly at Costco (is that really a word?), we freeze one loaf and keep one in the refrigerator.  When we are ready to defrost the frozen one, we defrost it in the refrigerator. This bread makes wonderful sandwiches and now I discovered that avocado spread on it toasted tastes delicious too!




Have a wonderful weekend! Meet me back here on Monday for a recap of our weekend-which will include running, biking, and craft beer :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment